advice on buying in wexford

asdfg

Were thinking of retiring to wexford.What would be good upmarket areas?.We think it would be nice to be by the sea.also not to far from supermarkets doctors etc.Also what are the hospitals like?Would love to hear from anyone who retired to wexford .

.Also what are the hospitals like? .

There is only one hospital , and it is in Wexford Town ........Is been downgraded at the moment , anyone with serious ilnesses , always end up been transferred to Waterford Regional Hospital .

Many patients in the South West Wexford area , that are been referred to a hospital , normally prefer to go direct to WRH in the first instance .

thank you for this info.Looks like ill have to forget wexford as i have a lot of health issues although i do have private health insurance this is a very important issue for us thanks again

sorry just wondering how far from south west wexford to waterford reginal? if its within an hours drive would like to know good areas in south west to retire to.thank you

thank you for this info.Looks like ill have to forget wexford as i have a lot of health issues although i do have private health insurance this is a very important issue for us thanks again

[broken link removed] might also be an option for you but check it out to see what you are covered for. It is also within an hour of south west Wexford using the Ballyhack to Passage East ferry.

sorry just wondering how far from south west wexford to waterford reginal? if its within an hours drive would like to know good areas in south west to retire to.thank you

It's easily within an hour ( much less more likely) using the Ballyhack to Passage East (only about 15 mins from WRH ) ferry which runs all year round with the odd exception. See here.

Before you relocate I would advise you to come down here in the winter time and stay for a weekend at least. Lots of these places are very busy in the summer and when the sun is shining everything looks great but they are completely different in the winter and can be very, very bleak and very quiet!

Im not sure the decision has been made to downgrade Wexford Hospital...I know there was some talk of it but not sure it actually happened

New Ross, Ballywilliam, Rathnure and Killanne are all within a 40 minute drive to Waterford regional hospital, They are in a nice central part of co wexford with easy access to Enniscorthy, Wexford town, Waterford and not a huge journey to Dublin either.

Back