Advice needed on quote received for Kitchen (labour)

P

petered

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on a quote I received for work to be done on my kitchen.

The work involves tiling the kitchen floor, lowering/plastering the ceiling to install spotlights, plastering the kitchen walls, knocking down a petition wall, moving plumbing/electrical outlets & installing the kitchen units and worktop.
The kitchen size is roughly 2540 x 3150mm.
I was quoted €3k for all of this work.
Could anyone advise me if they believe this price is reasonable?

Thanks!

How long did they say it would be completed in?

€3K could might be what you have to pay, a tiler, a plasterer, an electrician and a plumber!

Sounds like a lot of money. We paid 5k for knocking down a load bearing wall, installing rsj, moving a boiler, new radiators and very large velux window, if this comparison helps

I think that sounds reasonable for all the trades in use. It will probably take at least a week. There is more work than fluseteredma names and they paid more.
Be sure you are happy with who you are using, Are they providing references or do you know there work? Don't pay all money over until job finished and you are satisfied ie retain some.

Many thanks for all the responses.
They said that they could complete the job within 7-10 days.
My brother had the provider perform a similar job for him and he was happy with their work. The €3k includes the plumbing, electrical, tiling & plastering work.
The tradesmen seem to be quite reputable.
Thanks for the advice Niceoneted, I'll make sure to hold off on paying them the full amount until its completed and I'm happy with the work.

In addition to this work they've also quoted me the following
- €375 for 6 recessed LED lights
- €890 for kitchen fitting alone

Do you think these two quotes are a bit excessive?

Thanks

Why did you list all the work and say the quote was 3k and then in a later post say some of the work was quoted at 3k and then there is additional quotes making the total €4265?

Hi,
Apologies for the confusion.
The €3k was for the labour and fitting.
If I just went with them for the fitting of the kitchen it would be €890 which I thought was excessive.
€375 is the quote I received for the lights.
Do you think these sound a bit much?

I'm confused about the final cost to you also but on the separate quote of €890 for fitting a kitchen (which includes connecting the electrics and plumbing) I don't think this is excessive.

Apologies - I actually should've pasted in the quote details but I want to make sure I don't quote any of the provider's details.
So the quote is €3k for all the labour in the kitchen - plumbing, tiling, electrical, lowering ceiling, knocking internal walls.
However I was given a separate option by them to just fit the kitchen units (plumbing, electrics not included) for €890.
I would have to purchase the LED recessed lights separately myself and they gave me a quote for 6 of these lights for €375.
So I will be going with the €3k price.
What I wanted to ask about was the price they quoted for fitting only (if I had decided to take that option) excessive?
Also Im not clued into pricing of recessed lights but 6 x LED recessed @ €375 sounds excessive.
I'd appreciate any feedback & apologies for the kaffufle!

Why not look at it the other way and say, for an extra €1735 you are gettin plastering,plumbing, tiling, lowering ceilings and knocking walls. If you're not going
for option 1, why wreck your head wondering if it's expensive?

Back