Advice needed on peugeot 307

blinkbelle

Hi,

My sister is thinking of trading in her opel corsa for a 307 1.4 diesel.

She has heard many bad things about them, but thinks they all cant be bad. So I said i'd post here and see does anyone else have one? Did you experience any major problems with it? Is it a nice comfy ride? She hasnt had a test drive yet. She is going to look at one to morrow with over a 100,000 miles on the clock. I told her shes mad. The fella selling it wants over 9,000 for it. How much should it be realistically? Think they give her 5,500 for her opel corsa. Any info on them would be great. espec diesels.

Thanks Blinkbelle

be careful buying a car with 100K on the clock, it's probably had a hard life and could be trouble

look here for reference www.carzone.ie look at ford focus for comparision and corrolla,golf,civic.

Madness! For that money you'll get one with half that mileage! Take a look at [broken link removed] for details.

Blinkbelle,

Your sister is Mad!!!! My nephew recently bought a "03" with 30,000 ml for €14.5 k, so a 100,000 mile for 9k is madness. Apart from the price the car is a nightmare, nice cabin, nice ride but faulty electrics faulty speedometer - seems to be accumulating more miles per journey than the journey itself, crap aftersales from Puegot garages, crap residual value etc etc.

Check out the top gear website for their most recent car review!!! You guessed it out of 159 cars surveyed guess what came last? A puegot, guess which brand of car occupied the lower reaches of the table, a puegot. Don't ask me why but I have a pathological dislike for Puegot's, I know their pretty but thier just a bit crap!! She should buy a VW Golf and be done with it!!

Good luck convincing her otherwise!

S

Hi.

Thanks for the information. I have told her its way too dear and ive checked car zone for her. There seems to be good deals to be had on a 1.4 petrol. But she wants diesel as she does a lot of driving long journeys herself maybe 25,000 per year. I dont think she wants to spend money on a golf (even though there great) she just likes the look of the 307.

I used to have a 206 and i had a few problems and shes still not put of.
Anyways

Blinkbelle..

I just sold my 2003 Peugeot 307 1.6 with all the extras with 28K on the clock for 13K so tell your sister to shop around.. To be honest it took me ages to sell it.. It was a great car - mind you had a few hiccups with it but a fab drive.....

So shop around.. Cars ireland.com is also a good website and much more reasonably priced cards than carzone.

Back