Advice needed on location for a contracting company.

bankrupt

Hello All,

I would appreciate some advice/ideas.

I have been working outside of Ireland for the last few years in the Middle East and have not lived in Ireland during this time. I am now contemplating a possible contracting role in Europe (not Ireland) and am wondering where I should consider setting up a limited company to invoice for this work?

Are there likely to be any tax advantages to setting up in an off-shore location like the Channel Islands or Panama? From a simple cost of administration are there any jurisdictions that offer substantially cheaper/easier company formation and ongoing maintenance costs?

I should stress that I am not seeking to evade tax in any form, just for the simplest and most cost-effective way to setup a company to invoice for contracting purposes in Europe.

Many thanks,

B.

Simplies will probably be to incorporated in the company you are invoicing as less likely to have to deal with withholding taxes etc.

Note that US rules are based on country of incorporation but most if not all EU follow the de beer's case and tax based on where the company is resident. This is normally where management & control are exercised.

There are many issue so you really need specific advise.

Back