Advice needed on building new house

laoisfan

hi

i am not sure if i am posting this in the correct forum, if not could the mod please move it to the correct forum for me? thanks.

ok. my wife and i both work (i would be considered the primary wage earner). we own our own house on 1.5 acres of land in the countryside. the house is really old and we always wanted to build our own house. we are paying a mortage at the moment.

basically what we want to do is build a new house on the land (further back from the road than the exsiting one), replace the septic tank and landscape afterwards. obviously the existing house would be demolished as soon as the new one would be ready. plus we have 2 sheds at the moment, both of which could be demolished to make room for the new house and perhaps 1 new shed build as replacement.

now this is just an idea at the moment, obviously we need to look at financial implications (existing mortgae + additional capital for new house) plus planning permission.

has anyone ever done this before? if so, how did it go. any problems with planning permission etc etc.

thanks - laoisfan

Back