advice needed.. is it crazy to be thinking of trading up?

udnewhouse

Morning all,

I hope you had a good weekend. Here's a monday morning thought for you, is it crazy for my family (hubby and 1 child) to be thinking of trading up at the moment? Given the recent reports in the papers and the general nervousness of the market, are we mad??

Any one have 2cents to put in on this??

Not necessarily , but under no circumstances do you want to end up with 2 houses on the go at the same.Recipe for disaster in the current climate.

If you can sell your current property at the right price (whatever that may be) for you, then you can trade up. But don't even think of trying to purchase a new place till you've actually sold your current property. Anyway most vendors will be reluctant to take a bid from you until you've sold your current place. Sale Agreed often isn't enough.

udnewhouse we are in the same position, we like where we live a the moment and we are comfortable with our mortgage. Have a baby as well so we have to think about schools and work.

If we move we are going 10 mins out of town, (we are 2mins from town now) and the mortgage will cost about an extra €1000 on top of what we are paying now.

The new house will be perfect, but we are not sure about money and location.

They haven't started to build it yet, everytime I asked I'm told building will start in 2 weeks, months have gone buy now.

Maybe with the slowdown the builders have changed their minds!!!

Back