Adverts on Donedeal: Cash for cars

Caveat

Has anyone seen these?

Mobile numbers offering to pay cash for your car (any condition, running/not running etc) which they will collect.

Phoned a couple and they seem a bit fishy. Was offered an acceptableish figure before they had even seen the car.

Anyone know anything about these ads?

Has anyone seen these?

Mobile numbers offering to pay cash for your car (any condition, running/not running etc) which they will collect.

Phoned a couple and they seem a bit fishy. Was offered an acceptableish figure before they had even seen the car.

Anyone know anything about these ads?
Short answer, No, I don't but tere was a prog on TV a few months ago about a company in UK which quoted good prices at first but on inspection, knocked it way down for condition of car etc.

Yeah OK, but I don't see the point in this case - I'll just say no if I don't like the price & he'll have wasted a 200 mile round trip. No skin off my nose - I'm not going anywhere and neither is the car.

Just seems odd.

[broken link removed]

Maybe he wants to come and case out your house and rob it later.....

I came out of my house one morning a few weeks ago and there was a sticker on my windscreen saying that if I wanted to sell my car for cash to call the mobile number on the sticker. Ive seen loads of signs on railings/poles in Dublin just saying something like "we buy your car for cash, contact 086etc"
Not sure what they want them for. Scrap value?

Why not follow it up, meet at a public location, busy petrol station etc, payment terms - cash only, If you are happy and it works for you then game on...

In the end I exercised my right to be prejudiced and to make assumptions based on manner/accent of those I spoke to - suffice to say I'm not taking up their offers, boss.

Wise decision. I remember reading an item on a poor guy in the UK who tried to buy a car on e-bay. He was told to bring cash which he foolishly did. They turned up with guns and just took his money.

Back