Advertising fee charged by auctioneer

gilboy

Hi
I had a property for sale in Dublin a couple of weeks back which i took of the market back prior to sale. My auctioneer sent me out the invoice for the advertising expenses which i do not have a problem with. Apart from the myhome.ie expense there was the charge for daft.ie of 195 euro. Now when i go to the daft.ie website I see the cost per a standard add of 125 euros. I then rang them(daft.ie) to enquire what the auctioneer has to pay for this add. They would not give me this information saying the charge was related to the auctioneers relationship with them , i.e. how many adds they place etc. However, i am thinking at the worst case they are not going to get charged any more than the regular standard user. Anyone happen to know if the auctioneer pays less for advertising with daft.ie
Thanks

The EA might argue that they have a 'handling charge', but that should only be 5-10%, worst case, I would think.

As far as I'm aware, auctioneers also pay myhome.ie and daft.ie a flat fee for the year on top of the individual property fee. The auctioneer may be allocating some of this to your account.

As a private seller, using daft, you would pay 125 plus 7 euro 50 booking charge! For a premium add it's 275 plus the booking charge.

We are selling our home in Cork. I spoke with my auctioneer about the advertising cost and he mentioned that while I have to pay for myhome I was not required to pay anything for daft. He mentioned that he pays an annual rate to daft which covers all of his houses for the year. As far as i recall he pays only 1000 euros.

Back