Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Does anyone else think the site looks amateur? Even the language used seems like someone ran it through Google Translate.

Compared to this site, it's night and day.

Doesn't inspire confidence.

EDIT: I found a link on the main website to the konto account (in German) so seems it is legit.

Last edited:
It is legit and they operate in multiple countries.

But yeah the French-to-English translation is not great. I would guess the vast majority of their customers are non-English speaking.

It is legit and they operate in multiple countries.

But yeah the French-to-English translation is not great. I would guess the vast majority of their customers are non-English speaking.
Actually it looks like it's German to English, rather than French...

Parking the dodgy translation, the website itself is poor / cheap. If I hadn't found a link to it on their main site, I wouldn't have believed it was genuine.

I've applied. So far straightforward, emailed them the Identity documents (though haven't received welcome email requesting them yet, just followed screen instructions).
I'm at the same stage as you. I sent off identity docs on Sunday but haven't heard anything since. So just wondering how long their turn around time is. I did receive the welcome email instantly after completing the online bit so is it possible that yours has landed in spam.

I got the email a few minutes after posting, Harvard. Like you, awaiting confirmation of activation now. I'd like to lodge by 30th June. Well, in fact, if I don't make 30th June, I won't be lodging!

I got the email a few minutes after posting, Harvard. Like you, awaiting confirmation of activation now. I'd like to lodge by 30th June. Well, in fact, if I don't make 30th June, I won't be lodging!
@podgerodge is it a case that the account has to be opened with money deposited into the account before June 30th in order to avail of the 6-month 3.25% interest offer? I thought the deadline just meant that you need to submit your application form by June 30th. I emailed Advanzia for clarity on the deadline but they have yet to respond.

Deposited into. "The special effective interest rate of 3.25% p.a. (nominal interest rate 3.20% p.a.) is valid as of the first payment into the deposit account and for a period of six months"

Deposited into. "The special effective interest rate of 3.25% p.a. (nominal interest rate 3.20% p.a.) is valid as of the first payment into the deposit account and for a period of six months"
With that being the case, I've decided to apply immediately. Like you @podgerodge I also did not receive the email as of yet so I had to just use the on-screen instructions for sending my identification documents. I've also transferred €5000 from my Trade Republic account to my N26 current account (which I then need to send to Advanzia) so I'm not confident it will all be sorted in time for the deadline on Friday.

I set up 2 accounts for me and my wife. My wife's email has come through with IBAN etc. for lodgement 2 hours ago, but not mine yet. (I set up mine 20 mins before hers!)

Does anyone else think the site looks amateur? Even the language used seems like someone ran it through Google Translate.

Compared to this site, it's night and day.

Doesn't inspire confidence.

EDIT: I found a link on the main website to the konto account (in German) so seems it is legit.

yes agreed. Website looks a little amateur which put me off.

I'm still waiting for my account details, even though my wife got them yesterday. Was hoping to lodge today to get funds in by Friday deadline.

Separately, in relation to the deadline - are people reading it that the FULL amount must be in by Friday to get 3.25% of just get funds in and account opened by that date, with subsqeuent lodgements attracting the 3.25% interest possible? As I quoted previously, ""The special effective interest rate of 3.25% p.a. (nominal interest rate 3.20% p.a.) is valid as of the first payment into the deposit account and for a period of six months"

I'm still waiting for my account details, even though my wife got them yesterday. Was hoping to lodge today to get funds in by Friday deadline.

Separately, in relation to the deadline - are people reading it that the FULL amount must be in by Friday to get 3.25% of just get funds in and account opened by that date, with subsqeuent lodgements attracting the 3.25% interest possible? As I quoted previously, ""The special effective interest rate of 3.25% p.a. (nominal interest rate 3.20% p.a.) is valid as of the first payment into the deposit account and for a period of six months"

Just got an email there confirming my IBAN.

Is it possible to transfer directly into this account from Trade Republic or is it best to transfer from a current account?

@podgerodge I eventually got my email from them a couple of hours after submitting my application form, but I had already emailed my supporting ID docs immediately. I too still haven't heard anything, I'm not confident I'll have the account opened with €5k sitting in it before midnight tomorrow. Wish I had pulled the trigger on it earlier, but like others I too wasn't overly convinced by how reputable it was.

@Harvard I believe you can only make withdrawals from Trade Republic to the same account in which you lodged the deposits from, so I'd imagine you would need to transfer from a current account in this instance.

@Harvard I believe you can only make withdrawals from Trade Republic to the same account in which you lodged the deposits from, so I'd imagine you would need to transfer from a current account in this instance.
I believe you are correct. I vaguely remember reading that when setting up the account a few months ago.

Also from reading the website the interest rate on this account drops down to 1.1% variable rate after 6 months. SAo no harm in setting a reminder to move the money in 6 months time an interest is not payable if your balance is below €5K.

Last edited:
It seems like we will all be struggling to get the funds lodged before midnight tomorrow night.

Account details received, account set up online (not the most elaborate online account management, and like Bunq, no 2 Factor Authentication, but withdrawals are restricted to the "reference account" - which is the account which originally lodged the funds. I spoke to customer support and they said once you get an initial amount in by 30th June the 3.25% is active, and subsequent lodgements will also attract the rate.

ps - I rang customer support and asked them to progress my account opening - if you do a transfer tomorrow it should hit by Friday. "The campaign ends on June 30, 2023"

I'm reading (possibly wrongly!!) that funds only have to get there by Friday inclusive (close of business), not midnight Thursday. If I'm wrong, my lodgement sent today may also be too late!

Last edited:
Account details received, account set up online (not the most elaborate online account management, and like Bunq, no 2 Factor Authentication, but withdrawals are restricted to the "reference account" - which is the account which originally lodged the funds. I spoke to customer support and they said once you get an initial amount in by 30th June the 3.25% is active, and subsequent lodgements will also attract the rate.

ps - I rang customer support and asked them to progress my account opening - if you do a transfer tomorrow it should hit by Friday. "The campaign ends on June 30, 2023"

I'm reading (possibly wrongly!!) that funds only have to get there by Friday inclusive (close of business), not midnight Thursday. If I'm wrong, my lodgement sent today may also be too late!
What number did you call them on? I might have to do the same.

I'm surprised by the apparent lack of interest in this - is this not the very best instant accesss offer in the market, albeit limited to 6 months?

Back