Adults-only hotel in Ireland?

Yoltan

Looking for a nice hotel in Ireland that caters mainly to adults only. Harvey's Point in Donegal seems to be the only one I can find.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Yes I've actually heard of it. Apparently it's very nice.

Rathsallagh House (www.rathsallaghhousehotel.com) in Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow doesn't take reservations for anyone aged under 12, not quite "adults only" but a bit of a compromise!

I've never stayed there but I've heard it's lovely with excellent food and a very good golf course.

To be honest, I initially thought Yoltan was being euphemistic and was actually looking for a brothel.

bleary, I've heard of The Old Convent. Have you stayed there?

Caveat, who knows? Maybe if I can't find anywhere suitable!! :D

Last edited:
The Old Convent is amazing. Rooms, food, service are all top notch. But don't tell anyone else, I want to keep it a secret!!

I don't recall too many (any) children around Faithlegg House while I was there recently.

I would imagine that the likes of Ashford and Dromoland would also be relatively 'child free' - primarily due to the cost.

You could also try Ballyliffin Lodge (Inishowen) and Rockglen Castle (Connemara) . In fact most of the Connemara hotlels would probably suit.

Hi,

I'm just back from Monart in Enniscorthy, and it's adults only.

Its really nice - I'd definitely recommend it. The rooms are really big, and decorated in comfortable modern style. It was prob my favourite out of any hotel room I've stayed in - huge french windows leading out onto grassy lawns and woodland. The spa area is great - lots of types of saunas/hammam/steamrooms etc with swimming pool/treatment rooms/relaxation rooms. The grounds are beautiful aswell. The food is very nice too.
Its expensive enough, but you can see where they have spent the money (everything is finished off to a high standard).

Ragazza.

[broken link removed]

Small boutique hotel for adults only .............lush

Thanks for all the replies. They'll keep me busy in tripadvisor!

Red I stayed in The Athenaeum about 3 years ago. Lovely hotel with great food!

I don't recall too many (any) children around Faithlegg House while I was there recently.

I would imagine that the likes of Ashford and Dromoland would also be relatively 'child free' - primarily due to the cost.

You could also try Ballyliffin Lodge (Inishowen) and Rockglen Castle (Connemara) . In fact most of the Connemara hotlels would probably suit.

from a recent experience in ballyliffin, there are lots of kids about and i wouldnt rush back there!

Castle Leslie is a child free area I think. Mixed reviews and having been there but not as guest , I would say eccentric rather than 5 star.

Back