Ads that really getting on my wick.....

How about that black and yellow hales freight

At least in the ad they admit it is annoying and apologise

VHI adverts. Niamh and her little bebbies with the useless husband who signs at the bottom.

The one where the mom hurts her toe getting to her thirsty child - how does the VHI help here?

The kerry gold advert where the man intends bringing a box of dirt into a German maternity hospital. We have a lot to apologise to the Germans for.

Then there's the bus to Germany pulling up outside the door. I don't know what annoys more here, the fact the a bus to Germany pulls up outside the door or the fact he takes a bus to germany.

All the sexist anti-men adverts (paracetamol, cars, financial products etc); man is a disorganised idiot, woman in control and knows more about the topic than the man. I don't know who should feel more offended, men who are on the receiving end of such blatant sexism or women who are being so blatantly patronised.

All the sexist anti-men adverts (paracetamol, cars, financial products etc); man is a disorganised idiot, woman in control and knows more about the topic than the man. I don't know who should feel more offended, men who are on the receiving end of such blatant sexism or women who are being so blatantly patronised.

That's because you can't have women not being able to do anything and the man taking the p because companies get too many complaints.

I remember when the ads for Bounty came out with the men in beards dressed as women, the makers were asked how they came up with the idea. They said that when they made ads which showed women doing housework they received complaints from people saying they were sexist and when they made ads showing men doing housework then the received complaints from people saying that they weren't realistic. So they wanted something which covered everything.

All complaints came from women ... obviously

What about that one on the radio with some spanner doing impressions of accents from all over Ireland! :mad:

"THEY'RE THE IRISH, AND THEY LOVE RADIO!"

The attempt at a northern accent is especially bad, and I should know, I've endured ten years of work colleagues trying to impersonate my accent, and that one on the radio is the worst I've heard!:(

The attempt at a northern accent is especially bad, and I should know, I've endured ten years of work colleagues trying to impersonate my accent, and that one on the radio is the worst I've heard!:(

I agree, they should have kept it to this jurisdiction, them nordies are so touchy you cant please them ;).

Noyeh, aah huppen to thunk that there ad is wild good-hi, and ahh'll not have YEUZ runnin ih dyow-en :D

Most of the premium car ads (BMW, Audi etc), its probably that fact that I havent the price of one of them but they are so achingly arrogant and eletist tis no wonder people have pre-conceptions about people who drive them.

What about a BMW ad thats fun???

For example the Volks ad with the kid doing his Darth Vader thing was fun.

Does all the comments about the ads mean the ads are working?

It does, if i hear an annoying ad I will try and avoid that product, examples are dunnes stores, axa, vhi, upc etc etc

In terms of TV I watch most programmes on sky plus after they are shown and fast forward through all the adverts

How about a thread for adverts we really like.

I love the weetabix advert when the dad and the young kid are saying what difficult things they have to do today and the baby says thats nothing and it flashes to scenes of him going crazy messing in the house!

I agree, they should have kept it to this jurisdiction, them nordies are so touchy you cant please them ;).

Noyeh, aah huppen to thunk that there ad is wild good-hi, and ahh'll not have YEUZ runnin ih dyow-en :D
:D Best effort I've heard in a while!

The newsreader on Ullsssster TV who doesn’t pronounce W annoys me. Accents are one thing but “dying” and “down” are different words.

Niamh, who's glad she's with VHI. is starting to get on my wick, talking about her hus-band and her bay-bees. Surely those kids must be teenagers by now. How long is that ad running?

ETA I see someone else has already commented on this. Obviously I'm not the only one who finds her annoying.

How about a thread for adverts we really like.

I love the weetabix advert when the dad and the young kid are saying what difficult things they have to do today and the baby says thats nothing and it flashes to scenes of him going crazy messing in the house!

I love the Oreos ad with that fantastic little girl lecturing her dad. It's brilliant.

Here I go again, I really dislike the ad for eircom broadband (I think), with the child asking questions, then saying...'we're done'.

Yeah, that eircom "we're done" really annoys me too, am also in agreement about Niamh and her tiny baybees, I wouldn't sign anything without reading it, she doesn't sound like the sharpest of knives to me. Are all VHI customers like that? :)

Is the Eircom broadband 'we're done' a bad rip off of the film Uncle Buck?

Eircom ads are pretty bad.

Yeah, that eircom "we're done" really annoys me too, am also in agreement about Niamh and her tiny baybees, I wouldn't sign anything without reading it, she doesn't sound like the sharpest of knives to me. Are all VHI customers like that? :)

Perhaps we are. I'm with VHI and have got a total of roughly €50 back over the years. As it comes out of my pay at source I don't bother shopping around, so I may as well sign at the bottom.

I'm not convinced that Neeemh and her little beeebeees would have got any better care without the VHI. It was a real ER situation after all, so she ended up getting the doctor on call, because it was a ER situation.

I read on another website that she is slatted on youtube for 'signing at the bottom', so it's up there as one of the most annoying ads ever.

I'm not slating Niamh, it's the advert. Ditto with the mom who gives her child a drink of water, How does having health insurance help that?

how about the TodayFM hotel breaks ad on the radio where the gf starts off by saying 'we're taking a break'....'me likey, me likey a lot'

I reckon they've deliberately made it the worst ad ever, so people remember it. It's rank

Or the Persil ad on the radio and the tv....with the kids playing music with pots and pans. They're all named individually whilst doing a solo on their 'instrument' which is incredibly annoying.
And it's also an English ad, no attempt at all to dub it with Irish accents. That really gets on my wick

Back