Ads that really getting on my wick.....

The ad for UPC is annoying, partly because it is on so often. I had to check to see what the ad was for-in order to post- I vaguely knew it was something to do with broadband etc. Not sure what that says about the power of advertising :D

Those Zurich pension radio ads that start "dear 30 year old me.."

What a smug self satisfied donkey.

I change radio channels almost immediately now to avoid them.

Also those Hibernian ads with Mario Rosenstock as the 40 something heavy metal geezer ugh enough,just not funny,not even the first time....please stop,talk about over exposure.

Also those Hibernian ads with Mario Rosenstock as the 40 something heavy metal geezer ugh enough,just not funny,not even the first time....please stop,talk about over exposure.

Total overexposure, I cannot stand any ads he is in at this stage.

The Sock

The Lucozade add where the character says “what is it you ask, oh its keyboard bashing crocodile wrestling” etc. has to be one of the most annoying ever
A friend of mine had a fantasy about what he would like to do to irritating or annoying people. This involved getting a long woollen stocking, placing a large turf in the bottom and filling the remaining space with the substance which is dispelled from the back end of a cow. Such weapon he would swing around the neck of the offender and pull tightly. For many years he just had to utter the comment “Oh it’s the sock for him " and we all knew what he meant!
Well to cut a long story short I think that “the sock " should be applied to lucozade man.

Is the scrawny hipster husband with the 'smallest person in the world' wife who crashes their car before the Axa (?) red line appears to fix everything now the most annoying person in the world?

there's a new jingle on the radio for Maxol (I think it is) stations....they must have got a child to write the ditty, it's so basic. And it's not exactly a short ad either
I have to rush to switch over every time....perhaps they deliberately made it so bad, so as to make it memorable

The latest one with is just awful - would put me off buying anything from Aviva!

The creepy McVities biscuit ads where puppies come out of the digestive wrapper and then people eat them .. it just yucks me out completely (and it doesn't help that McVities have a similar ad with kittens <shudder>)

The creepy McVities biscuit ads where puppies come out of the digestive wrapper and then people eat them .. it just yucks me out completely (and it doesn't help that McVities have a similar ad with kittens <shudder>)

That ad turns my stomach.

RTE 1 broadcasts the same ad at noon and 6pm every day. It gets a bit monotonous, Time they moved on.

Your one all agog about FBD is awful too. She opens up the boot to reveal the balloons etc.

Not enamouring me to FBD.

...Your one all agog about FBD is awful too...

The one who is driving around a Mondeo, on false number plates on a public road?
The one who drives into her driveway without indicating?
The one who drives on the flat tyre?
The one who allegedly got a great deal on insurance for her car (a Mondeo) but whose quote is based on having a Mitsubishi 1.3L?

Yeh! Not too enamoured with FBD either!

Jaysus, lads, are you all watching real time tv?

Hmmm, I need a pause button for the radio too.

Jaysus, lads, are you all watching real time tv?

Hmmm, I need a pause button for the radio too.

Like you I don't have to watch many ads on TV anymore, however I was in the cinema this evening and saw this ridiculous ad for the lotto... Grrrrr! Not sure if it's shown on TV as well so here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/IrishNationalLottery

We see a variety of scenes where somebody had just obviously upped and left in the middle of something...

A groom, sprinting down a street, while the bride and a churchful of people are being stood up,
A guy sitting alone at a bar, while a pint of guinness overflows with the tap left on because the barman has gone,
A small child sitting on a toilet calling for their Mam - but we hear the front door slam shut as she buggers off,
A surgeon in an operating theatre calling for a scalpel - but the theatre nurse is gone,
A newsreader saying "and now for the weather with Diane.... Diane?" (Diane is gone too!),

A couple more too but you get the idea... apparently something so incredibly profound and important has happened that has caused all these people to risk losing family, friends, jobs etc - what could be THAT important?!

Cut to the end and it transpires that some gobsh1te has won the Lotto and called them all to come join him immediately at the airport for.... "The Bahamas. Two weeks. On me!"

The tagline is "What's the first thing you'd do?"

And according to the Lotto, an appropriate thing to do would be to call a random assortment of your acquaintances and tell them they have to literally drop everything and go with you if they want to share in your good fortune...

The moral of the story, it seems, is that winning the Lotto makes you an egocentric inconsiderate clown who throws money around, and even being associated with someone who has won the Lotto makes you likely to be willing to risk losing your job, your spouse, or have your children taken away for the sake of a bit of fun in the sun..!

The one with the Groom baffles me most (unless he was looking for an excuse to bolt anyway!) - surely yerman who won the Lotto would have been invited to the wedding if they're good enough mates for him to call the groom to come to the Bahamas... and in any event surely he's got a honeymoon already paid for, departing within a couple of days..!! OK now I know I'm overthinking it, but it's a mind-bogglingly stupid ad to come up with... :mad:

Back