Adobe Flash Player for MSNBC Video not working

sherib

Up to a few days ago I was able to watch video on MSNBC. As the hard drive was almost full, I transferred My Documents to a second internal hard drive. I also deleted some files but recovered these from the Recycle Bin. Since then MSNBC videos don't play.

There's a message on the MSNBC player saying "you will need to update your version of the Adobe Flash Player". I did that but it still doesn't work. Can't do a system restore either as all the previous dates were deleted. I've been reading on Adobe about how to fix this problem but nothing works. It seems there may be errors in the Registry now and I'm not up to sorting that. Can anyone offer any advice apart from taking the P.C. to an expert?

Try removing Flash and then reinstalling it?

Are you sure that you didn't move/delete files other than just user data files? It sounds like it especially if you are getting registry errors (where?). Maybe roll back to a recent System Restore point and then try to do things again properly?

Thanks ClubMan. I had uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe several times yesterday but still no video even though the player appeared OK. As I mentioned, all the previous System Restore points disappeared during the process of transferring My Docs files to the spare hard drive. I didn't meddle with the Registry either and didn't knowingly delete anything other than some files in My Docs and some emails. The reason I wondered if the Registry was mucked up was because I read that was a possibility on the Adobe site.

The good news is that it's working again! I had another go just now at uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player and, amazingly, it solved the problem - it's working. Thanks a lot for the advice. Now I can watch my new addiction - the U.S. nomination process.

I thought you said that you were getting registry errors of some sort? If so then something may well still be screwed up. It's not a good idea to go around deleting files even in My Documents without knowing exactly what you're doing. If you are low on disk space then use something like CCleaner and consider cloning your installation onto a new hard disk and then resizing partitions to avail of the extra capacity.

Hi,

May i know the version of Windows??

Is it Windows XP or Windows Vista??

Regards,
Mitr4all

Back