Adelaide Street, Dun Laoghaire

khairabar

Looking at No.7 on this street, appreciate any opinions.
301sq.m over 3 floors, seems to be in offices with residential flat in basement.
Original features do not seem to be retained.
Separate mews built in back garden, backing on to the back lane, although garden size on the street seems unsuitably short for mews.
Asking over €600,000, Is it overpriced without its garden and access to lane and with only on-street parking?
k.

Normally these are nice properties on this street, but if purchasing one would have to check that all changes conform with the Planning rules of the council. Only other thing I might add, is that Dun Laoghaire is known for its drugs problems. We can't discuss prices on AAM as its against the rules.

I know that part of Dun Laoghaire very well as I used to work there for years. Its a lovely street, and wouldn't suffer from any particular social problems.
Alot of the properties there are converted into offices and I am guessing many of them are empty right now with the economic downturn.
I assume the price is based on its potential rental yield as office space. I would be nervous to pay this price as I don't imagine you will have people queueing up to rent from you - there are literally acres of offices and retail space to rent in Dun Laoghaire right now.
Would you be able to convert it into luxuary apartments? Would you get planning for that? How much would it cost?
Overall I think the price looks steep.

7 Adelaide St.

Macstaff thanks for reply, i agree the price is way steep.
The remaining garden is virtually non existant, and dark.
House needs 200k of work imo, for any residential purpose.

Mercman, thanks also, but ... What you saying...?
It's called Ask About Money, and we can't discuss prices???
I think I have heard everything now!
kb

Mercman, thanks also, but ... What you saying...?
It's called Ask About Money, and we can't discuss prices???
I think I have heard everything now!
kb

It's one of the posting guidelines,that property prices cannot be discussed.

Back