Additional parking fees by mgmt company

S

Serenity1

This is a follow up to the post below - so when we rented the appartment it came with 2 parking spaces - confirmed by management company. We have paid our management fees but i understand most have not. Anyhow, due to un-orthorised parking - they now have a company policing the parking lot and we have to pay for parking permits.

Parking permits to park in our own parking spaces or we will be clamped. Management company said they do not know how else to police the area.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but for starters I think you are confusing management company and management agent. A management company is the legal body comprising all the owners. The management company is charged with the upkeep of the development and all the common areas. They usually hire a management agent to do this for them.

As your landlord iis a member of the management company and is entitled to a say in what goes on in the devlopment. Depending on what it says in his lease (when you buy an apartment it's generally a thousand year lease as it's technically impossible to own the external walls) if it says he is entitled to two spaces in the car park then he can argue for two permits unless an AGM approved the introduction of fees for permits.

You do need to sort this through your landlord.

Actually Seashell that really clears things up for me. I totally understand what your saying. And of coarse my landlord will know nothing of this as i doubt very much he attends the AGMs.

Still though i wonder who does as most of the apartments are rented out.

Back