Add/Remove Programs - I've lost Audio?

BobbyFowler

I noticed my LapTop was slowing down so I went into Add/Remove Programs. I took off some things which were down as not being used since Jan 2006. I've obviously done something with the audio because now I don't have any. If I go to Volume I can't increase it. When I start the computer it says the following new hardware has been found
Audio Device On High Definition Audio Bus.
It's asking for a CD which contains this. Any tips on how I can get my sound back?

If you are using Windows XP you can try the system restore feature, -

"System Restore is a component of Windows XP Professional that you can use to restore your computer to a previous state, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files (such as Microsoft Word documents, browsing history, drawings, favorites, or e-mail). System Restore monitors changes to the system and some application files, and it automatically creates easily identified restore points. These restore points allow you to revert the system to a previous time. They are created daily and at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed). You can also create and name your own restore points at any time."

Seems you uninstalled the driver. You should be able to download it from the Laptop manufacturers website.

Did a bit of a search on the Sony Site and they said to go into the C Drive & to reinstall the audio from there. Tried it and it's worked a treat. It was the SigmaAudio file I deleted. Happy enough!

Back