Activate bank card pin number in UK

Kev

[FONT=&quot]I got a euro savings account and opened a current account, I have received an ATM card abd the pin number to activate it. Do I have to travel to Ireland to activate the pin number or can I do this in UK. The account is with the Ulster Bank[/FONT]

Many thanks for help

If its an Ulster Bank account you can change the PIN at any RBS or NatWest bank machine.

For cards with Visa its usually possible even when the banks are unrelated.

Look out for RBS or NatWest ATM machines, remember to withdraw from these is also free.

Thanks for reply, can I activate the card at RBS bank as I have an account with also in UK. I was told by Unlster Bank when I was in Ireland last May and I had the card with me, but no activation numberm then until I got back to UK I got number though post. According to the ulster bank person in Ireland she said that I would have to be in Ireland to activate the card, is it possible to activate the number in any RBS bank.

Yeah, you can also activate the card online with Anytime Internet Banking.

The Ulster Bank and RBS / NatWest banks are all connected - for example you can order statements and cheque books for your Irish account in a UK atm belonging to Royal Bank of Scotland. You can also order same from an Irish Ulster Bank for a UK account within the RBS group.

The easiest way to validate a card is on Anytime Internet Banking.

Many thanks again for help, I have a card yellow one to do anytime banking but not used it as yet. I think I will given them a ring on Monday for them to talk me through it. It would be better for me as I cannot travel to Ireland until August.

Back