Accountant Recommendation (Foreign Property & tax relief mainly) South Dublin

Ste2006

Hi All,

Just wondering can anyone reccommend a good accountant based in South Dublin to me,

I am mainly looking for advice from them about off-setting foreign property losses against income tax etc,

Also thinking of setting up as a Sole Trader so want to talk to them about the Ins and Outs of that also,

Anyone know of good accountants to recommend to me??

Thanks,

Stephen

Not exactly South Dublin, but East Wall Road so pretty central, so you might find it suitable. No problem recommending Ralph Smith from DoMyBooks as a Dublin accountant. Relatively speaking, he's very comfortable with technology so makes the location side of things a lot less of a problem (you can easily catch him on twitter @DoMyBooks) and automates much of the system using various tools so helps speed up the admin side of things considerably.

Normal disclaimer... no connection, happy customer.

Thanks for that, Anyone else have any other recommendations?? Just to give myself a few options??

@kennyb3
Could you PM me the name of your boss if you dont mind,

If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know also, Will get a few quotes just to make sure im getting value for money within reason :)

You can't offset rental losses (foreign or domestic) against taxable income from other sources.

ok thats fair enough but i suppose this is where i need advice, I think i also need an accountant here not to do a lot of work but just basics plus advice, I also have a foreign accountant who does my accounts abroad for me,

I hate to just pick a random accountant from the golden pages and would prefer a reccomendation,

Thanks

Its hard to beat recommendations from friends, family or colleagues. To paraphrase Sam Goldwyn, self-recommendations here are not worth the paper they are written on.

Its hard to beat recommendations from friends, family or colleagues. To paraphrase Sam Goldwyn, self-recommendations here are not worth the paper they are written on.

Yes i know that also, I have asked all around me even my employer who is a lapsed accountant cant recommend anyone good he knows,

Oh well, it was worth a try

Back