Accountancy/Finacial management career

J

J_B

Hi,

I've some questions about accountancy.

I currently work in IT and an wondering how to become an accountant. I can't afford to quit work and study full-time, so what are my options?

I know you have to do a series of exam and they can be done when you like, but how many exams, how long is it likely to take part time?

I don't want to become an accountant but am interested in financial management. Is this the best way to entering that career?

Is it recommended to become fully qualified as an accountant to become a financial manager?

Thanks,
James

you could do the ACCA exams, see www.accaglobal.com

there are 14 exams with sittings every june and december. You might get some exemptions if you have a business type degree, you'll probably get an exemption from an IT exam anyway because of your background.

You'd be able to do the first three exams together and then maybe two every sitting after that so it would take about 3 years i'd say.

griffith college, dublin business school, & BPP do course which take 3 months to prepare you for the exams, they cost about 5oo euro per subject.

not sure about your financial management questions.

check out the institute of accounting technicians. this is not as demanding as fully qualified accountants.

Back