AAM Lisbon Poll for the craic (no opinions, just Yes or No)

Of all the people who so confidently voted 'Yes' - how many read, and understood the treaty? How many just voted through fear conjured up by the government?

The budget will be savage.

Of all the people who so confidently voted 'Yes' - how many read, and understood the treaty? How many just voted through fear conjured up by the government?

I did read it though there wasn't really any need. If Shinners and SWP think the Lisbon treaty is a bad thing that would be enough of a reason for many people to vote Yes. What's a savage budget got to do with Lisbon ?

The budget will be savage with or without Lisbon. Good to see the Irish people giving Fightin' Joe and SFIRA a big two fingers.

I did read it though there wasn't really any need. If Shinners and SWP think the Lisbon treaty is a bad thing that would be enough of a reason for many people to vote Yes. What's a savage budget got to do with Lisbon ?

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/JOHtml.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:306:SOM:EN:HTML

What did you think of the Protocol on permanent structured cooperation established by Article 28 A of the Treaty on European Union? Was that an enlightening read?

It is unusual that you first say you read it, and then state that there wasn't any need to read it. After wading through 300+ pages of legal jargon, you base your voting decision on how other groups are voting.

NO

The rest of Europe must think Irish people are very stupid.

Any other country that would have a referendum would get a "No" result and the result would be respected but not us.

As opposed to all the people who voted No out of the false fears conjured up by the no campaign on both this and the previous referendum?

And what had Lisbon got to do with the budget?, are people actually so naive that they think if they voted no, that we'd have a general election and who ever got elected wouldn't have to make savage cuts and raise taxes???

Are people actually so naive that they think if they voted no, that we'd have a general election and who ever got elected wouldn't have to make savage cuts and raise taxes???

Maybe they would have to make savage cuts but lets face facts who could trust the current bunch to do it properly since it was them who made a right dogs dinner of our economy

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/JOHtml.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:306:SOM:EN:HTML

What did you think of the Protocol on permanent structured cooperation established by Article 28 A of the Treaty on European Union?

I particularly liked the fact that the common security and defence policy of the Union does not prejudice the specific character of the security and defence policy of certain Member States.

Was that an enlightening read?
Yeah I found it enlightening though most parts of the document are heavy going which is understandable given it's legal nature.. Anyone who was interested could have found shortened versions of the Treaty and/ or explanations on the web.

It is unusual that you first say you read it, and then state that there wasn't any need to read it. After wading through 300+ pages of legal jargon, you base your voting decision on how other groups are voting.
No there wasn't any nead to read it even though I did. When virtually every elected representative in the country, at both national and local level is encouraging a Yes vote as well as many business people that I respect, it's reasonable to assume that a Yes vote would be good for Ireland. Meanwhile the No Campaigners include the Shinners, Swp, Boyd Barret and Ganley - honestly can't think of a bigger shower of tossers - they deserve each other. I have no doubt that the fact that some if not all of these twits were on the no side would have encouraged many to vote yes.

Thanfully the twits got us a slightly better deal than the twats would have got, had we voted yes first time around !

Secman

What are we going to do when the Polish and Czechs get some changes to the Treaty prior to agreeing to ratify? Will we be voting again next year?

I've always thought it was a bad idea to have a referendum until ALL of the other EU States had ratified the treaty.

What are we going to do when the Polish and Czechs get some changes to the Treaty prior to agreeing to ratify? Will we be voting again next year?

I've always thought it was a bad idea to have a referendum until ALL of the other EU States had ratified the treaty.

The Polish parliament has already ratified the treaty and the Polish president was waiting on our result before signing. From what I've read, he has said he will sign it, but not when.

Czech parliment has also ratified it and their supreme court has turned down one challenge. From talking to a couple of people from there that I know, the expectation is that the current challenge will also be turned down and that the President will come under huge pressure from their central European neighbours to sign it off, as is so to speak

I did not understand the treaty, I vote yes because all the No campaigners were telling lies, they deseve to lose.

Back