92% Mortgages?

JohnJay

Anyone getting them? Are the banks giving them out?

I'm looking at buying a property @ 200k. I'd need close to 92% to finance it....

Anyone getting them? Are the banks giving them out?

I'm looking at buying a property @ 200k. I'd need close to 92% to finance it....

Yes and yes.

To qualify you would need to be earning around €40,000 gross, not have any loans and have the 8% in savings preferably but a gift may suffice. Your current account would need to be in decent shape too i.e not overdrawn, no referral fees.

[broken link removed]

I found it hard to get one through a broker as the banks just dont want to pay the commision to them.
EBS and AIB were both offering them a few months ago when we got ours..
Hope that helps!

i got a 92% morgage with ebs but the house price was low enough

AIB, BOI & EBS were all offering me 92% but the more you have saved the better. The more it builds your character and the happier they are to lend. Also job security I felt came into it big time.

you had to pay a broker ?? iv never heard of that before . were they expensive . did you apply to the bank directly ?

I got a 92% mortgage in May just gone from ICS- a gift letter sufficed for the deposit. Had to go through alot of red tape etc. but got there in the end. Good luck!

Thanks everyone,

now I just need to get out of my Fixed rate mortgage, sell my apartment and hope that I have 8% + legal fees + stamp duty left to buy a new place!

Going through an AIB broker, getting a 95% mortgage as an FTB with my missus. Plenty of jumping through hoops but they are doing it

Back