9 hours at Stansted. Help!

L_earner

Due to forced connection times that fit in with job and availability of holiday accommodation, I am travelling with wife and 15 year old through Stansted with a nine-hour stopover. At the time of booking I thought it would be no bother at all. Now as the date is looming, the prospect of a full day at an Essex airport is not so appealing. We have talked about hopping into Liverpool Street by Stansted Express, but prefer to do something more local.
Any ideas?

Head into london , best you'll get a good amount of time there... just make sure you are back with plenty of time

I once had a 5 hour stopover in Stansted. I was with 2 lads who were happy to go for a few scoops.

I chose to get the train into Liverpool St and got a Tube to Oxford St, grabbed a quick bite, bought a few books and got the train back to Stansted with time to spare.

You coould catch the A9 National Express to Stratford , can wander around there , High St , Shopping Centre , all adjacent to coach terminus or you can hop on a tube to anywhere in London. Coach from Stansted takes 40 mins and runs every half-hour.

Due to forced connection times that fit in with job and availability of holiday accommodation, I am travelling with wife and 15 year old through Stansted with a nine-hour stopover. At the time of booking I thought it would be no bother at all. Now as the date is looming, the prospect of a full day at an Essex airport is not so appealing. We have talked about hopping into Liverpool Street by Stansted Express, but prefer to do something more local.
Any ideas?

what would you do with your luggage though?? They won't allow you check in that early and I don't think there are any storage areas in airports anymore.

what would you do with your luggage though?? They won't allow you check in that early and I don't think there are any storage areas in airports anymore.

Stansted Left Baggage

Items of luggage will be stored securely for a selected period of time and the charges are as follows:
  • 0 to 6 hours - £4.75 per item
  • Between 6 to 24 hours - £5.00 per item
  • For each additional 24 hours - £5.00 per item
Opening Hours: 04:00 - 00:00
Telephone: +44 (0)1279 663 213 or +44 (0)1279 663 489
Email: [email protected].

I've done two overnights at Stansted, preparing to do my third in two weeks on the way back from Finland. The coach into London is the favorite, either that or take a good book/handheld video game/laptop/mp3 player etc. If it's an overnight, my solution is a few beers and a sleeping tablet... I was that zonked once, I woke up to find a queue of over 50 people waiting to check in at the desk I was sleeping next to! :D

Back