80th Birthday Present

Hi,

if he's 80, his eye-sight and hearing probably aren't as sharp as they were, so books, CDs are prob out.
Does he have any interests/hobbies, so that you could buy a present in those areas?
How about a case of nice claret, which he could enjoy in his own time. Or even take him to lunch/dinner somewhere special.
For my mother's 70th, we asked all her friends, relatives, ex-co-workers etc to write an anecdote/story/memory of her and include an old photo if they had one. We then bound all those memories into a book - she says that's the bext present she ever got!

Most 80 year old still think young - just not always able to act it!
Dont limit your choice to what you expect old people to like.
He might love to go to say 'old trafford' for a manu match, or croagh park corporate section for a big gaa match. Maybe a weekend in one of the medieval castles around the country I see advertised requrarly. Some old lad in his eighties I know went to see the pyramids and loved the trip.

ragazza said:
For my mother's 70th, we asked all her friends, relatives, ex-co-workers etc to write an anecdote/story/memory of her and include an old photo if they had one. We then bound all those memories into a book - she says that's the bext present she ever got!

That's a nice original idea.

We adopted an orangutang from Dublin Zoo for our 90 year old grandmother!

[broken link removed]

Back