365 BOI Banking Frustration

W

Whelo10

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to add a beneficiary so that I can pay rent, I've been having a nightmare waiting on BoI to post out an activation code to register my mobile, I'm finding it pretty ridiculous that they constantly have to keep posting me out codes before I can do anything.

I'm also looking to start paying bills, but unlike AIB there's no pay a bill option. Just wondering if anyone can either suggest a solution to my problems or should I be looking at alternatives for my online banking.

Thanks a mill for the advice guys,

Whelo

...a nightmare waiting on BoI to post out an activation code to register my mobile, I'm finding it pretty ridiculous that they constantly have to keep posting me out codes before I can do anything.
Once you've registered your mobile it becomes a lot more straight forward. It's actually my favourite of the authorisation methods available from Irish banks. Given that it's a one off, pretty much removes that issue once you receive the code and register the phone.

...but unlike AIB there's no pay a bill option.
Have you set up a payment yet? One of the first questions your asked is if you want to "Add a bill" or "Add an account". There is a limited number of options available there, so potentially that's the problem?

It's just hard to find. You have to have added a beneficiary (SMS way is definitely best) and then when you go to Payments, you choose Money Transfer. Convoluted and confusing, yes.

I have, and wouldn't even go into how convoluted and frustrating BOL is! Mind you, AIB's business online is worse IMO, whereas their personal banking online is fine. Currently stuggling with Banque Populaire in French - now that's another level altogether...

Back