320D (2009) or 520d(2008)

ramlal

Hi Lads

Please help me pick a car. I am 33 years old. Is 520d for old people ? When I ask my friends they suggest that I should buy 320d (2009 ) but when I look in the market I can buy 520d (2008) for the same price.

Is 520d for guys who are older ( say around 40) ?

520D all the way. Don't worry what other people think. The 3 series has no room and in my opinion is a way over priced car.

It will also hold its value better than the 3 series.

If you go here and put in the car details it will give you the emissions and then further down put in that emissions level and you get the road tax.

520d all the way imo.

i have an E90 320d and my dad has an E60 520 d (both M-Sport) and i would have the 5 series any day of the week!

i will be buying my dads E60 when he sells it in 3 years hopefully.

their both on the low tax regime and assuming their both manual, 156e per year or 302 for the auto versions.

both have the same engines so 177bhp on tap too and even in the bigger, heavier 5 series, its still quite fast (relatively speaking of course!).

If it was me, then 520 Definitely - No Question. Why so hung up about what other people think ? Make up your own mind after driving them both ........ Since when was 40 Old ?

on the wrong side of 40 and just bought my first BMW520D and now feel "young" again, say around 33 :D so go for the 520D. I have tried both and found the 320 way to small except for midg....sorry small people and i'm only 5.8'. 520 on run flats even feels great on the not so good roads we have make sure you get a 08 on the new road tax. Look in UK also for way better spec and fantastic service which unfortunately is hard to find here.

Thanks Lads. I will test drive it next week. Will let you know how I get on. I like BMW 5 series more then 3. Mrs ramlal thinks it is very big and not for young people.

I will also look in UK. Good idea ( thanks)

Back