32'' Philips LCD TV Problem

dieselhead

Hey I bought a 32'' Philips LCD TV about a year ago and just recently when I turn it on I will just get a black screen but I do get sound, It can take up to 5 mins to turn it on because you have to keep turning it on and off until it works as it should. Has anyone ant ideas?

Not familiar myself but the guys at Richersounds over on www.boards.ie are extremely helpful with that kind of thing. Check www.boards.ie Biz> Consumer> Talk to> Richersounds.

I have dealt with themn in the past and they are excellent to deal with. No affiliation, just a very happy customer. Oh - they deal with Phillips by the way!

I have a similar TV and for another reason I was looking into upgrading the on-board software, a trick I became aware of from another board. Check out Philips website for further details.

I've the same problem with a 3yr old Philips 32" and my on/off button has nearly had it from trying to get the picture. It sometimes need 4 or 5 attempts

Don't mean to be a pain but had a similar problem before that turned out to be a faulty scart. Could you confirm that the problem is replicated with all inputs to the tv including traditional analogue using different input devices and cables.

Hey I bought a 32'' Philips LCD TV about a year ago and just recently when I turn it on I will just get a black screen but I do get sound, It can take up to 5 mins to turn it on because you have to keep turning it on and off until it works as it should. Has anyone ant ideas?

Have you resolved this issue yet as I am curently in the middle of the same problem and hopefully getting it sorted as it has broke for the second time.

Me too. TV is 4 years old. Right pain in the ass.

Back