32' HD LCD TV at Aldi

Anyone know if the HDMI DVD Player plays DiVX aswell? Its not listed on the product description but not sure if its standard with these players or not.

A DVD with one of the highest number of features on the market today. It is compatible with any HD TV – and we’re even including a FREE HDMI cable in the already incredible price.

Special digital process upgrades standard DVD quality to virtual HD quality.

HDMI connection means no loss of picture or sound quality
Card reader (view all your pictures on your TV)
Front USB input
5.1 channel output with AC3 Dolby digital decoder
Full function remote control (with batteries)
Front headphones socket
Progressive scan
DVD+ R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, JPEG CD, KODAK Picture CD, MP3 CD compatible
DTS decoder
FREE HDMI cable

Price is very good at €529.99. A detailed look at the spec, however, shows that there is only 1 HDMI connection. Most of the better known models have 2 HDMI scarts. Also, the contrast ratio is 1500:1, whereas better known models give a 4000:1 ratio. This is the measurement of the difference in light intensity between the brightest white and the darkest black. The higher the contrast ratio the better the picture quality. Energy wise, the power consumption of the Tevion (while in use) is stated at 170W. My Toshiba 32 inch burns 131W so is more energy efficient.
All the above said, however, should not detract from any potential buyers who want a bargain entry level LCD. Functional yes, but not as classy as higher end brands. A search through avforums.com on this model gave me these opinions. Take a read, it`s not too negative.

Finally my honest opinion: put a couple of hundred euro extra in your kitty, and purchase a better model like Sony, Samsung or Toshiba. You will have this TV a long time

Is this nomenclature correct? I thought that something was either HDMI or SCART and not both?

Sorry ClubMan, you are correct. I meant to say 2 HDMI connections or sockets! The model that OP refers to also has 2 x SCART connections, which is exactly the same as the better known brands.

Back