30 things to do with your SSIA - review

tuned in halfway through and it was covering weddings and divorce so turned off immediately. "Cash gifts only" just made me want to kick him!

After the trainspotting themed intro.. the writing was on the wall.. Gave up after no 30. And hamming up that Cork accent... utter rubbish

it was a wannabe stand up routine that failed to be funny and I thought decended into smut a bit too often. All that came up had already crossed my mind in the last 5 years but i was surprised to see the mortgage payment so high on the 30. I will tune in to see what the top 5 are though.

I agree with all of the above - very poor on both the comedy and financial front - his Cork accent drove me nuts...and I'm from Cork !

Eddie Hobbs ?......more like Eddie the Eagle!

There's no way on earth I could be compelled to watch it, I could hardly watch his previous show and the title of this gives every indication it's worse. It's probably like those nature programs where the main star of the show is some guy in front of the camera talking about some creature which we never get to see.

it is very unfair to criticize a show that i deliberately did not see - but judging by the above comments it seems justified

All the idiots that were ranting and raving about Eddie Hobbs last year and how great he was etc. only have themselves to blame. His ego has got so big that he now thinks he is a comedian.

I thought that he was funnier last year when crying rip-off at every available opportunity whether justified or not.

All the idiots that were ranting and raving about Eddie Hobbs last year and how great he was etc. only have themselves to blame. His ego has got so big that he now thinks he is a comedian.

Eddie Hobbs was great last year!! He pointed out the obvious I know but when put together in one program, people became aware that they were being ripped off. Some had no idea up to that point. Others, like myself, were aware but didn't realise I was being systematically ripped off wholescale!!:(

I didn't like the show....a non event IMO, but I'm willing to give it a go next week!

people became aware that they were being ripped off.
Even when they were not in some cases. As ever - high prices which are displayed clearly/transparently and which people choose to pay of their own volition are not rip-offs no matter what anybody, including Eddie, might say.

By the way, Eddie recently urged shoppers to shun the alternatives and head to Tesco because of their price reductions on certain lines since the Groceries Order was abolished ignoring the fact that Aldi and Lidl are probably even cheaper for many lines. Caveat emptor - when it comes to who you listen to for advice as much as when it comes to making purchases.

at least he didnt mention cape verde. program was brutal though.

Even when they were not in some cases. As ever - high prices which are displayed clearly/transparently and which people choose to pay of their own volition are not rip-offs no matter what anybody, including Eddie, might say.

"in some cases"....which implies he pointed out rip offs in others!;) I don't think transparency was the issue, it was bringing home to people that they should take the time to check. Clearly from reaction to the show, huge numbers didn't.

By the way, Eddie recently urged shoppers to shun the alternatives and head to Tesco because of their price reductions on certain lines since the Groceries Order was abolished ignoring the fact that Aldi and Lidl are probably even cheaper for many lines.

I didn't hear that and if you're correct, it was a pretty stupid thing to say!:(

Caveat emptor - when it comes to who you listen to for advice as much as when it comes to making purchases.

This, I totally agree with!:)

Watched the first 10 minutes and probably the last 5 minutes - absolute crap - but to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything else........

The only thing that changes with time is the fact that he's getting 'crappier' as time goes by.

Won't be watching the next episodes......

BM

I only watched it last night- overall I enjoyed it and will watch the rest of the series. I agree with some of the above comments though, I thought it was overscripted and too maniacal. Still some good moments and a few laughs, which is more than I can say for Pat Kenny and the likes.

I watched last night's episode, against my better judgement. It was pretty bad, in particular I thought the "sketch" about "rehab" was particularly unfunny and could be perceived to be in bad taste, perhaps? I'll most likely watch the last installment of the series, maybe it'll full of useful informationwith less of the slapstick- but I'm not hopeful.

Back