2nd sky box

minkydog

Seen a few threads on here about purchasing a 2nd sky box on eBay and DoneDeal.

We have a Sky+HD package and want multi-room. We were told by Sky that we can't have it because we don't have a land line in the house. We have four cables coming off the dish, two servicing the HD in the main room and the other two going into a 2nd reception room. My question is if I buy another box off eBay or DoneDeal can I just plug it into the cables in the 2nd reception room and get a signal? or do I have to purchase the box and card off Sky?

thanks

You can get a Sky box from where ever you like. The key item is the card. If your Sky boxes are not connected to a phone line, then Sky will not give you multiroom. They will however be happy to charge you for a second full-price subscription if you so wish!!

In your second room, you can plug in the box and you will be able to receive all of the free to air channels: all the BBC's, ITV's, C4's etc. You won't get the Irish stations not the likes of SkyOne, Living, Dave etc.

but if you run a coax lead from the sky box with hd to other sky box and then to tv at least you will have same channel in 2 rooms

but if you run a coax lead from the sky box with hd to other sky box and then to tv at least you will have same channel in 2 rooms

or alternatively get a set of those digisender thingies which work wirelessly...

Or if you can live without the sky channels, you can always use the 2nd \ 3rd sky box as freesat and get all your bbcs, channel 4, ITV etc.

And it will cost you nothing :)

You can now receive RTE2 HD free via "other channels"
Frequency is 10.744 22.0 5/6
Its under the label 1270
Enjoy !

Back