+23 Missed Call Scam

zztop

if you get a missed call from a # starting above dont ring it back.
Anybody else caught ?

You sure it's not +23 which is Africa ?

023 is west cork. Which much to our disappointment is not an international call.

I got a missed call a few weeks ago from 00 23 99 89 01 35

Like an idiot I rang it back out of pure curiousity and it turned out to be a sex line and the short call before I could hang up costs me 2 euro

Like an idiot I rang it back out of pure curiousity and it turned out to be a sex line and the short call before I could hang up costs me 2 euro

We believe you.;)

I must remember that.
I can see it now;
"What the hell are you doing calling sex lines?!"

"No Darling, they called me...honest!"

"Oh, really, well that's alright so."

Scammers from Africa annoying and ripping the good folk of Ireland :mad:

Time for some retaliation

Bertie Ahern has been invited back to give another speech in Nigeria, the Herald can reveal.

Sources connected to an event where he spoke this week say he was "inspirational".
http://www.herald.ie/news/berties-a-hit-in-nigeria-but-loses-gig-with-prestige-agency-3065827.html

I hope they follow his advice and make their boom even boomier, good times will last forever....

Payback, the scammers get scammed :cool:

There was a recent article in the Irish Examiner about this -

"Telecoms watchdog Comreg is considering banning calls to and from certain sub-Saharan countries after the re-emergence of a scam in which mobile customers can have their call credit stolen."

Click here
to read the whole article.

Seems like what usually happens is the phone just rings once and most people who get caught just see a missed call and instinctively ring back. I got a call a couple of days ago from +2399890135, the same as the poster above, but Googled rather than phoning the number and realised it was a scam. It seems to be happening to 087 numbers from what I've read.

Does anyone know what the legal situation is when its a minor's phone? are Vodafone obliged to refund the money?

Back