2007 Focus - Independent or Main Dealer Service?

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

I have a 2007 Ford Focus which is due a service. Last time I went with a main dealer and, to be fair, I had no complaints. However it was very inconvienent. I work 9 to 5 and live in Ballsbridge and there are no Ford dealers nearby - it turned into a bit of a mission.

Would you recommend that I go to a main dealer for a service or would a service by an independent mechanic suffice? Does a main dealer service history impact on the value of a car?

Thanks
WB

Personally I prefer to build up a relationship with a local mechanic who tend to be much more flexible in accommodating you and who you can get to know personally. Ask around locally for recommendations. I wouldn't imagine this impacts on the value of the car if you are selling privately or trading in via anyone other than a main dealer, although obviously if you want to always deal with a certain main dealer for trade ins and such, then I would imagine it would stand to you better to bring the car there for servicing (again building up a relationship with them can only benefit you). So I guess it depends on what you want when it comes to selling the car on that point.

I was thinking along those lines Ceist Beag.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic on the southside of Dublin? Preferably somewhere close by to Ballsbridge?

If you planned to sell it in the near future, it would be good for 'marketing' sake to retain the main dealer service history. With such a popular car it is important to have some features that stand out. If you intend to hold on to the car for a few more years then there is no huge benefit of main dealer, it is more important that there is the evidence of following the maintenance schedule.

Back