20 euro credit offer on Eazypass

Helen

Hi,
I recently signed up to Eazypass after seeing all the advertisements on the toll bridge saying 'Sign up online and receive 20 euro credit'. I contacted them today to ask where my 20 euros was and they said I didn't submit a voucher number. Apparently they were handing them out to motorists at the time.
Does anyone think this is unfair? The adverts clearly didn't specify you needed a voucher to qualify so I think it's been very misleading.
I expressed my dissatisfaction and they told me that there was a draw every month so I might be lucky to win a voucher in that!
I've threatened to report them to the advertising complaints body and also threatened to close my account and open another just to avail of the current 15% discount offer.
Anyone else experience this?

You should complain to the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland (ASAI), as the ad is misleading. If nothing else it is bad publicity for them.

Definitely complain to the ASAI

If the advert did not mention the special voucher code, it's misleading.

Fingers crosed, they might get fined a little more than the 20 euro they are trying not to give you ;)

In the interim, close your account & sign up again to get the 15% is my view :)

regards

G>

I threatened them so they caved and gave me the 20 euros.
Unbelieveable in the first place though.

I'd still report them ...

it's the principal, we cannot permit people to advertise & mislead us in this manner

Cheers

G>

Back