Health Insurance 1st Time Health Insurance

Safebet

Hi All,

I am a long time stalking these pages but first time posting,

I would love any advice or feedback on the following:

I have a cash back plan from HSF at the moment that covers both my partner and I, but turn 35 in January and I have a baby on the way.. so I am starting to think about the need for Health Insurance to beat the 2% per year loading and to cover the new addition to the family,

I currently pay HSF around 480pa for both my partner and I, and could afford up to 1000pa for health insurance, I have looked at the HIA website but cant seem to figure out what the best option would be to cover my me, my partner and a new-born, (hope to start insurance in September)

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Safebet,

Welcome to AAM. The following two basic plans are worth considering, with Glohealth and Laya Healthcare.
Details as follows;

1. Glohealth Kick Off Plan; price 510pa; just public hospital cover, but this plan also has a unique feature whereby you can upgrade to a private
plan, Kick Off Upgrade plan, outside renewal date with no waiting time applied. For every new customer, there is a standard waiting time of six
months applied. Just injuries and accidents are covered during this time.

2. Laya Assure Protect; price 511pa; just public hospital cover.

[broken link removed]

A newborn baby can be added to any health insurance policy within 13 weeks of birth, free of charge.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb,,

I really appreciate the feedback the upgrade option with Glohealth looks well worth investigating. looks great.

Thanks Again

Safebet.

Back