Motor 1st renewal on car insurance advice needed on reducing premium.

masterboy123

My car insurance (AXA) is going to expire next month. This was my first insurance and i have been paying 80 euros/month for comprehensive package. I have made no claims so far. I am holding full EU driving licence since 2012 Nov. and changed it to Irish full licence in March 2014.

My question is: Do i have to bargain with my insurance company to reduce the cost for upcoming year? or they do it themselves? Any tips please?

Shop around online and get the best quotes. If you get a quote that beats your renewal ask Axa to match it they usually do. If not change to someone else. I usually get about 20 quotes and it always comes in cheaper than the renewal quote.

So basically i need to call different insurance companies and ask for a quote.
Do I need to be careful about anything while shopping around? For example, asking comprehensive insurance, anything else?

Would be best to go online and put in all your details. Going on the phone costs more. Takes time but it should save you Money

just recieved policy renewal letter from AXA indicating premium has gone up by around 20e/month, even though i didnt claim anything.

Anyone can recommend another good car insurance please?

Back