18 year olds Free travel card out of date

dubdub123

My son is in receipt of Disability Allowance and has a free travel card. He has just turned 18.

Anyone know if he will automatically be sent new PPSN card or does he need to apply?

Have tried to phone but didnt get through

Thanks

It can be renewed online through mygovid.ie They don't automatically renew them. See here also https://www.citizensinformation.ie/...h-social-welfare-system/public-services-card/

A relative and some friends found that the system is not very user friendly for the photographs so they e-mailed them and they were able to issue a new card for 3 years only without needing to call to the office for new photo. The standard renewal is for 10 years.

How do I get a replacement PPS card?

Minister for Social Protection

- An expired card can be extended for three years by calling the Department's PSC Helpdesk at 0818 837000. Where a PSC is lost, stolen or damaged, a person should immediately contact the PSC Helpdesk where officials will arrange for a new card to issue.

It can be renewed online through mygovid.ie They don't automatically renew them. See here also https://www.citizensinformation.ie/...h-social-welfare-system/public-services-card/

A relative and some friends found that the system is not very user friendly for the photographs so they e-mailed them and they were able to issue a new card for 3 years only without needing to call to the office for new photo. The standard renewal is for 10 years.

How do I get a replacement PPS card?

Minister for Social Protection

- An expired card can be extended for three years by calling the Department's PSC Helpdesk at 0818 837000. Where a PSC is lost, stolen or damaged, a person should immediately contact the PSC Helpdesk where officials will arrange for a new card to issue.

Thats very helpful thank you. At the moment it would be a struggle and an unnecessary stressor to have to go into the office. Thank you so much

Back