16 digit ulster bank servicecard?

alpha

does anyone know why ulster bank are now issuing 16 digit servicecards instead of 19??? some places won't take these 16 digit cards. the passport office is one place.

Do you mean a service card with debit card capabilities or something? My existing PTSB Laser and VISA cards are 16 digit. Maybe the additional three digits are the autorisation code on the signature strip or something (although these are only on my VISA and not on the Laser).

I have one of these 16 digit service cards from UB and I believe the change is because it is now a combined Laser and Maestro card.

Original UB Laser only cards had 19 digits, but Maestro follows the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx credit card number style. This new card also has the 3 digit CCV code on the back, which I believe the original UB Laser cards didn't.

I haven't had any problems using the new card, but I notice in some chip and pin terminals I need to choose Laser or Maestro as the payment option before I can enter my pin.

My friend got a new laser card from UB a couple of weeks ago. The old one worked fine but the new one won't work in Debenhams (and possibly some other places) because apparently the chip is too small. When compared to my own AIB laser card the chip is indeed much smaller.

Back