14 days to pay an income tax bill I already paid

Bryan99

I just received a letter from Revenue saying I've 14 days to pay an income tax bill for 2012 or they'll take further action.

I actually paid this in November and via ROS and I have a digital receipt from ROS.

I rang Revenue about this before and they told me to post back the letter with details and they'd amend my records (which they didn't.)

What's the quickest way to get this resolved? What information should I have to hand before ringing Revenue?

All I can find on ROS is my receipt number.

Thanks

Hmmm, that's interesting - I just got a call from a friend whose story is identical to yours - there must be some kind of technical issue with their systems, that the payments haven't been picked up...

I'll revert, but if you know it's an error on their end and you have your receipt for return & payment, don't sweat it.

Got the same letter myself, had paid by bank transfer back in Nov and now this.
Actually happen to me last year too, money ended up in one of their account and had to be allocated against my return.

I tried calling them 3 times today and couldnt get through. I've my PPS number, the bank acc number I sent transfer through too and dates, receipt etc..now just need to get hold of someone on the phone!!

I double checked my Income tax receipts there:

The preliminary receipt says "01 Jan 12 - 31 Dec 12@ (which is correct)
The subsequent receipt says 1/1/2013 - 31/1/2013 (which is incorrect)

We had the same issue with it being filed under the wrong year though only came to light when i requested a tax clearance cert, try e mail them through ros, ours was rectified on the system after that .

Just to update on this - there seems to have been a bit of a glitch in how the system brought some of the payments through ROS to account.

While the receipt that issued at the time will show the payment as being related to 2012, it was actually credited to preliminary tax 2013, resulting in a shortfall for 2012.

So it's something that will require a contact with Revenue to get the payments straightened out, if you get one of those demand letters.

Back