11a. Discussion of House Prices is temporarily banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyBoy

This temporary ban was introduced in Nov 2006. That a while ago or is it a permanent ban? or will it be lifted anytime soon

I think it is now open in the "letting off steam" section

It is still in place.

I asked for a volunteer to write a summary of the arguments for and against.

No one actually did it so I did it myself here

We put it into Letting Off Steam to allow Frequent Posters discuss the subject, but it took too much of the moderators' time to moderate it.

It just does not seem to be a subject where you can have rational discussion.

brendan

How you can possibly have a discussion about 'property investment' without discussing the state of the property market is beyond me. Why was the topic so difficult to moderate?

How you can possibly have a discussion about 'property investment' without discussing the state of the property market is beyond me. Why was the topic so difficult to moderate?

What needed to be moderated? Peoples opinions? I don't remember much comment in that current sentiment... thread that needed to be moderated.

In fact there was a lot of excellent comment written at the time and much of it is now coming true. Internet discussions are a case of people needing to read the opinions written and decide for themselves to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Actually most people will not see the number of posts that had to be pruned for various reasons. Suffice to say that this thread and others like it simply required too much effort to manage. There are other sites that allow such discussion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back