100 yrs parking fee

S

sharma

hi, there, its my first time here, hope could get some advice.
my frd is going 2 open a restaurant, i want to put shares in it. he found a place last year, it was an office, it took him over 7 months to get a planning permition to change to a restaurant, and the concil ask him to pay a 100 yrs parking fee which about 50,000 n with no actual parking space. has anybody here heard dis kind of things before? we tried 2 talk 2 the landlord, he said he could reduce the rent over 25yrs to contribute half of the fees which about 1000euro a year and really making no sence at all.
anybody could give us some advice? i mean we have the permition now, ready to make over the place, but with the 50,000 on top of it, should we go ahead or just pull out the project? we really dont know where 2 go now.

What does the engineer/architect say is normal for this area? Do they suggest an appeal to ABP?

Some of the stuff these councils levy is unreal. We have a property currently going through a change of use application as well and it happens to sit in the catchment area for the development levies of BOTH the Kildare Route Project (upgrade of railway line from Cherry Orchard to Hazelhatch) and metro west. The latter is unlikely to be built for a decade or more, if ever at this stage yet commands significaant levy. It's totally unfair that you have to pay a levy for infrastructure which may not even be built and there should be a legal mechanism whereby if no construction of the public infrastructure has begun within say, 10 years of paying your levy, it should be returned to you.

Back