100% mortgage

W

Whitesnake

Hi,
Was turned down today for 100% mortgage by EBS. The advisor said it was because we were working in Dublin and hoping to buy in Kildare, and they no longer offer 100% mortgages to people working in one county and going to live in another. The exact distance is 28 miles to the house in mind.
Anyone heard of this "new rule". Help please

Something similar happened to me. We both work in Dublin but were looking to buy in Meath. The top mortgage EBS would give us in Meath was €350K although they would give us €375K @ 100% if the house was in Dublin. My house is 13 miles from Dublin city centre!!

Although this was back in Oct so haven't heard the new rule of no 100%'s outside of Dublin.

We ended up getting a 100% mortgage from RBS, best advice would be get in touch with a broker and see what they can come up with

RBS don't offer mortgages in the Republic Of Ireland.

Are you referring to Ulster Bank (a member of the RBS Group) or Bank of Scotland (HBOS)?

Your remaining options for 100% lending are, in no particular order, First Active, ICS, Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank, Bank of Scotland and Permanent TSB. To the best of my knowledge, none of these restrict 100% lending to the same county in which you work, although obviously each has their own terms and conditions.

Liam D. Ferguson
www.ferga.com

Back