10% off Harvey Normans with AMEX card

Bootdog

If anyone is thinking of buying furniture etc. in Harvey Normans, they are doing 10 % off if you use an AMEX card (but only if you ask about it at the cash desk... plus AMEX didn't publicise it)....

Use your Amex Blue card to bring it up to 11% discount (1% cashback deal) - seems strange though, as Amex generally charge a higher % to merchants than Visa/MC.

I dont work for bank of ireland ( and neither does better half) but if you say you are a bank of ireland staff member you can get a 5% discount just by saying it. never looked for proof when I said it.

Lemurz said:
HN is probably overpriced in the first place?

Exactly, HN will happily give discounts of upto and in some cases over 20% just for asking, nothing special required other than giving them the business. Don't take no for an answer and don't believe a word when they tell you they'll make a special exception 'just for you' ;)

If you push any of the salesmen/women in HN's anyone can get 10%
off, I know a good load of the guys/gals that work there
and all their prices are flexible - just ask !!

kiwijbob said:
If you push any of the salesmen/women in HN's anyone can get 10%
off, I know a good load of the guys/gals that work there
and all their prices are flexible - just ask !!

Are the prices 'flexible' for just furniture or for computer/audiovisual equipment as well?

podgerodge said:
Are the prices 'flexible' for just furniture or for computer/audiovisual equipment as well?

I understand it's across the board, I've had discounts on TV, surround system & an oven

I was in Dixons in Jervis Centre one day, and got so p**d off waiting to talk to someone that I rang 11850, loudly requested the HN Airside number, and phoned them from Dixons. I was able to do a deal with HN - if they did the same telly for 50 euro less, I would travel out to them. We left Dixons still not having been served or spoken to anyone in the place, and got about 80 euro off the HN price ... well worth the trip.

Did something similar with a washer, bought shop floor model, about 70 euro off, plus free delivery the following evening.

I never managed to get a single euro off furniture though, aside from this 10% Amex offer.

Back