1/2 Acre Site: Our engineer did not measure it but thinks its 1/3 of an acre.

There are 4840 square yards in an acre so there should be 2420 square yards in .5 of an acre. Pace it out measure length by width and multiply answer should be 2420 if .5 acre beats paying an engineer.

Are you sure you are all in order now?

A 'very standard half acre site' would measure approx 30m frontage X 67m deep. If this includes half the road (@8/2=4m) and a small farm road (@3m wide) all along the depth, then the 'net size' of your plot would be 27m X 63m = 1701 sq m = 0.1701 ha = 0.42Ac.

In order to end up with a little over a third of an acre plot the public and farm roads would have to amount to 0.15 acres = 607 sq m which would give them a "halfwidth" of 6m if you know what I mean. Ie the public road would be 40 foot wide and all the farm road would be 40 foot wide.

Are you sure??? Also heed Scotty's advice on minimum tolerences for wells, septic tanks and buildings etc

Re: Half Acre Site: Our engineer did not measure it but thinks its one third of an acre.

Unless the OP is on mains sewerage (unikely) then there are planning conditions that determine the minimum distance that a septic tank needs to be from the house and the boundaries. To satisfy these conditions you need a half acre.

J.

I got planning no problem on a site of 1/3rd acre with a normal septic tank.

Re: Half Acre Site: Our engineer did not measure it but thinks its one third of an acre.

I got planning no problem on a site of 1/3rd acre with a normal septic tank.

When did you get your planning permission?

It has to do with what type of land you border, too--if you have no residential land bordering yours, a modern septic system, and mains water, it all may help. Different councils may have different rules...but I would have thought the EPA have strict guidelines about this.

J.

Back