0818 numbers

J

jackthelad

I've noticed that many companies are dropping lo-cal and freephone numbers for 0818 numbers which attract a national charge....but they fail to inform you that a national charge applys.

The 1550 or even 1540 numbers are excellent because they have to inform you what the charge is, however this 0818 stuff is super-secret, the charge doesn't even appear on your eircom bill!

Anybody have any views on this one ?

I couldn't find any useful (i.e. not technical) information about 0818 "Universal Access" numbers on www.comreg.ie

Eircom 0818 pricing

[broken link removed]

See part 6.7

eDog

yes, thats exactly it, there is no information whatso-ever. Just dial and pay through the nose.

I'm not sure who oversee's this number as regtel only covers premium numbers and comreg doesn't do numbers.

elderdog's link contains the charges levied by eircom (and all other operators?).

0818 - is it toll free or not!

Was onto Bord Gais using an 0818 number. Asked the customer service rep. was it a toll free number and she said it was. Is it like a 1800 number or not?

Re: 0818 - is it toll free or not!

It's not toll free according to the eircom schedule of charges posted above!

Code:
 nationalcall 0818 Service
Call Charges (Calling person)  Minimum Fee  Cent Per Second
To a customer calling from within the State
Day                            5.2440c      0.1125
Evening                        5.2440c      0.0678
Weekend                        5.2440c      0.0678

Yesterday I rang an insurance co on a 0818 number, Dublin to Dublin supposedly, I checked my credit before and after and a call of between 5 and 10 mins cost 4.50 euros 15% of the insurance costs!!!!!!!!!!

Back