07 Auris Diesel price

Jetblue

What would you consider as a good cash price for a 07 Toyota Auris Strata 1.4 D4D with 20,000 Kilometres on the clock?

they are rare so I imagine there will be very little bargaining to be had. What is the price of a new one and what would it cost to get one in from the north? many of the NI dealers get their stock thro Toyota UK so there easier to get

Irish Times motoring section today compares the Auris to other cars in its class and would be worth a look if you're considering alternatives.

Thank you to everyone for your kind advice!

My local main dealer is asking €16500 for this car, I've contacted a main dealer in N.I. and I believe that I can import a 08 T3 1.4D4D, similar milage for €13,000 +€3000 VRT. This looks like good value to me? The N.I. dealer quoted me the VRT figure. I'd obviously prefer to do my business down here but I will after all still be paying VRT tax to the Govt.
Also considering waiting till Jan/Feb, maybe better prices and more avail around here...

hi there jetblue

if you are considering 500€ less for a year younger car you may have a idea of a price you are willing to pay
cars are not jumping off the forecourts at the moment so if its the car for you I would go in really low and sure all they can say is no? the car is a cost to them now sitting there

You'd want to be saving a lot more than €500 to make that worthwhile. UK imports do not resell too well.

Thank you to everyone for your kind advice!

My local main dealer is asking €16500 for this car, I've contacted a main dealer in N.I. and I believe that I can import a 08 T3 1.4D4D, similar milage for €13,000 +€3000 VRT. This looks like good value to me? The N.I. dealer quoted me the VRT figure. I'd obviously prefer to do my business down here but I will after all still be paying VRT tax to the Govt.
you'd only pay VRT if you were buying a new car here.

Why would you prefer to do your business down here?

Why don't you show the imported price of the NI car to the dealer here and see if they will match or better it?

How does the Stata spec compare to the T3?

UK imports do not resell too well.

Is it true ?
Why are people reluctant to buy UK imports? Is it because the speedometer is not in Kilometers? Hardly.
Any ideas as to why UK imports don't sell well (assuming it's true)

you'd only pay VRT if you were buying a new car here.

Why would you prefer to do your business down here?

Why don't you show the imported price of the NI car to the dealer here and see if they will match or better it?

How does the Stata spec compare to the T3?

Hi T,
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have to pay tax on all cars imported into this country? Revenue on line VRT calc?

I'd like to support local businesses and local jobs as much as possible, but obviously I believe that we have to be competitive and I hate to feel ripped off.

I intend to do this over the weekend, but as another poster pointed out there doesn't seem to be a surplus of Auris diesels around yet so he may tell me where to go..

The specs seem similar but not exactly the same, if anybody knows better please advise.

Is it true ?
Why are people reluctant to buy UK imports? Is it because the speedometer is not in Kilometers? Hardly.
Any ideas as to why UK imports don't sell well (assuming it's true)

the recent report from the AA and cartell that claimed 1 in 5 UK imports was clocked probably doesn't help

Back