€65 per SQ Yard for Tiller, Expensive ?

ryan-neil

Hi,

Is this expensive if the tiles is providing in his price, the cement, grout and marble sealer. Also backs up work for one year. Tiles are marble mosaic on a rubber mat and he has stated that he will remove individual mosics from the mats and correct them if not square on the mat.

Thanks

I am just after tiling our new house. Our tiler did the bathroom and ensuite walls and floor and worked out at €18 sq yard.

His work was first class, no mis matches of bad cuts al all. We provided the porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles, adhesive and grout for him.

Of the marble there is 15sq/m. The mosaics are 3cm sq on a 30 cm sq rubber mat tile. Then there is 2sqm of floor tiles which he is pricing at a lower rate.

I think that is a great price for 15sqm and includes all tiles/adhesive/grout/sealer. Wow

Our tiler recently did a splasback about 7sqm in mosaic travertine tiles and also did them individually as the sheets are never straight etc. he explained. Took him a few days but was worth it

Cost us €400 and didn't include tiles/adhesive/grout

Would Seal tiles first/Tile/Grout/Seal

I am just after tiling our new house. Our tiler did the bathroom and ensuite walls and floor and worked out at €18 sq yard.

His work was first class, no mis matches of bad cuts al all. We provided the porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles, adhesive and grout for him.

Thats a fairly good rate its usally about 25E p/m2 for ceramic and for marble 35E p/m2 and for mosaic 45 p/m2.

It really all depends on the job, it would not be uncommon to hear of a fitting only rate for marble of 65E p/m2

If this guy is suplying everything then run with him, just make sure he is fit for the job. It costs alot more money to take the tiles up and then relay them again.

Jaid

Back