€250k and commutable into Galway City?

O

OutWest

Any ideas for location to buy to commute into Galway City (that's assuming that living in the city is beyond the reach of €250k)?

Thanks.

You may need to take into account where in Galway you work versus live i.e. travelling over bridge in the evening can add to journey. Also for Miltown you may have to travel through Tuam which may also add to the journey during busy/peak times.

Try towns like Tuam in the north, Gort in south, Loughrea in east.

i would hate to live in Tuam a 3 or 4 mile tail back at claregalway every morning and every evening i would go mad. Whats wrong with doughiska you will get something there for that money.

Whats wrong with doughiska you will get something there for that money.
No property expert but this area seems to have a higher proportion of residents on social welfare books. Its definite rental territory. Did meet a landlord that had an apartment there a few months back - had sold up and bought in Oranmore. He reckoned the area was going downhill and he would have better rental and better quality tenants in oranmore.

Dont get me wrong. I'm no snob but I would be wary. If thats all reflected in the price then thats ok too.

how far/ how long would you be willing to travel on a daily basis? just wondering if your job is in the city itself as it greatly depends what direction your travelling in the evening, traffic going out of town in the evenings is chronic. I work outside the city and live in the middle of it so its a lot quicker getting to and from work than a lot of other people..
Gort and other towns outside the city would have cheaper property than in town.. you wouldn't get much in or around the city for e250k I think, maybe an apartment?

Back