€1000 for wall chasing

gnasher

Is €1000 excessive for wall chasing? We have a 1920s 3 bed mid terrace house. It took the him (and 2 polish guys) 2 days to complete the job. We had him lined up to do several other jobs for us, and had aggreed a price for these. He seemed like a reasonable bloke so when we needed a chaser we asked him. We (mistakingly) did not aggree a price for this particular job. He emailed us an invoice for €1000. Is this a lot or is it the norm. Amy comments welcome,

thanks as always,
Gnasher

We had all the rooms in our new bungalow chased for €400. It was probably easier because it was a new build and there was nothing in the way. Two of them took less than a day - and I thought it was dear enough! They just cut through the blocks with a "kango" cutter - and did a bit of it with chisels.
If he wants the other work from you he might be willing to come down a bit.

i dont think its that expensive, its works out at 166/man day. a tradesman would be charging you 250/300 day.
the walls were probably mass concrete or stone. there is a lot of work in chasing these walls

Its an awful job - I'd pay 166 a day to any man who'd do it.

2 days for 3 men for a €1,000 sounds 'ok' for any kind of tradesman.

Does the €1000 include the cost of any materials and VAT?

Yes €1000 included everything. Relieved to hear thats normal,

Thanks as always

Chasing is normaly priced per chase.
Just because he did it in two days deosn't
mean he didn't earn his money.It sounds reasonable to me when you take into acount his over-heads,plus he did the whole house.Believe me-it's THE worst job in the electrical business.
Diamond blades are pretty expensive too.

Back