Good Restaurant in Cork City

What type of food do you want?

Menupages.ie is a good site for reference - [broken link removed]

Soho - Various food types
Club Brassaire - Various
Ristoranti Rossini - Italian
Pearl River - Chinese

The above are nice too - but i'm not too sure what category a "Very Good" resturant falls into

Mik

Spelling might not be 100% correct :)

I heard Jacobs on the Sth Mall was supposed to be good, but they recently lost their Michelen Star

I always liked the Pearl River as mentioned above and the Ambassador Chinese

Also a great Indian up by the Opera House, can't remeber the name though

Star Anise on Bridge Street is excellent. And just around the corner is Isaacs on Macurtain Street which is very good. For an amazing (but expensive ) experience I would second the Ivory Tower as suggested by someone earlier.

Milanos on Oliver plunkett street is nice if you want Italian. Likewise Scoozi's on Winthrop lane. Currans off north main street is also nice. Many more places too. Just depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of food you're after.

The Ivory Tower is fantastic, but very expensive. I took my wife there for a birthday treat and we really enjoyed it. Its just off Oliver Plunkett street.

http://www.cafeparadiso.ie/ is a fantastic restaurant that just happens to be vegetarian, great food, vibe and wine list. the chef/owner was on rte's guerilla gourmets recently and all the meat-eaters seemed to love the food too [broken link removed]

Greenes is a great restaurant. Lovely surroundings, reasonable food and a good wine list. Scoozis is a dump; nothing more than a glorified dominos. Sorry.

nakon thai in douglas r the ruan thai on patricks st are really good..jackobs on the mall is good but expensive!!

As stated by a couple of people before the Ivory Tower is the best restaurant in Cork by a country mile if you are interested in the food & not the decor:)

It is expensive but if it is a once off then it is an experience that you will remember IMHO

looking for recommendation for a place in city centre that do nice steak chicken etc mid priced, Market Lane has been recommended has anyone any opionion on this place? or any other bistro type place with lively athmosphere. Would Issacs fit the bill for this?

Yes, I can vouch for Market Lane. Went there a few months ago for friends 50th. We were all very impressed. Good food at a good price.
If you are in Cork on Mon - Friday, you cant beat Nash 19 for lunch... ab.fab.
"Lennox's great for fish n chips" in newspaper, the real deal....
Enjoy Cork.

looking for recommendation for a place in city centre that do nice steak chicken etc mid priced, Market Lane has been recommended has anyone any opionion on this place? or any other bistro type place with lively athmosphere. Would Issacs fit the bill for this?

I've heard very good things about Market Lane, and Issacs has a great rep.

A new steakhouse has opened up and it's quite good. They have a bar and a restaurant menu. Excellent chicken wings plus an 18oz T-bone !

[broken link removed]

p.s. Nash 19 has the best breakfast in the world !

Back