ntl customer service

Jethro

I use the word "service" advisedly or ironically.

I just spent 30 mins on hold listening to a message that their reps are all busy and will be with me shortly.

Eventually I checked the website to find they closed two hours ago!!

Bunch of imbeciles. They could at least tell you that when you call.

BTW, anyone want a dead digital box?

:mad:

Tell me about it. They're notorious. I spent about a week ringing them about a problem. At one stage I stupidly held for over an hour before hanging up in frustration and another time I rang when the office was open and held until their office was closed yet I was still on hold!!!

Maybe email is better [broken link removed] Make sure you give them your address and account details so they can check out the problem as I've heard of someone emailing them and getting a response ten days later (!) asking for the above details without which they couldn't check out the problem. Good luck.

I have never ranted on one of these blogs until i had a problem with ntl, probably the most unorganised customer service dept you'll come across

Took me months to solve one problem with NTL. Other problems I've never been able to resolve with them.

It took a lot of phone calls and over a month for them to fix my 95 year old grandmothers connection. They ran new a cable along the house but forgot to connect her to it, then turned off the old cable.

Has anyone ever seen them remove old cable?

Towger

So I'm definitely not alone...

Let's band together, march on their HQ and raze it to the ground.

:mad:

Actually, I managed to get through to customer (dis)service this morning. Only held for 13 mins. Must be a record. They'll send an engineer out in 11 days time.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Any proper company would be saying 11 HOURS, not DAYS.

And there is no point in complaining to the guy on the phone since he'll probably just "lose" my booking. So I gritted my teeth and was polite.

11 Days. 11. 11.

:eek:

Now I'll just have to get a life for a couple of weeks. At least it's not the footie season.

Why can't I just collect a replacement box from them? I'd even give them back the old one. Good grief!!!!

A lot of people I know switched from NTL because of the unreliablilty of NTL for big matches etc.

Like everyone else, I've had a ton of issues with them.

I now only stay on hold for 20 minutes.
After that, its a letter to the MD.

Even when I get through, the staff are extremely incompetant (resulting in me having to ring back to sort the issue properly).

A detailed letter to the MD normally gets redirected to a team lead
who may have half a brain.

K

I got a very nice phone call from NTL the other evening asking me did I want to upgrade to Digital. I get regular letters from them inviting me to take up the same offer. I took the opportunity to ask them why my 87 year old father was having difficulty getting BBC and Channel 4 reception and why they couldn't find him on their "system". I wonder are the phones at NTL constantly engaged because their sales staff are making outgoing phonecalls inviting customers to take up their digital offer?

It may be worth noting that much of NTL's 'customer service' is outsourced to this company in Cork- [broken link removed]

I wrote them a letter and included an advertised special introductory offer they had sent me. Told them to go stuff their offer and that I'm happy to continue with RTE 1 & 2 to spite them. (Spent months trying to get service - to hell with them)

Hi,

Sorry if I'm hijacking a thread here but I'm having a problem with NTL.
We have recently been changed from Chorus to NTL and our direct debit with Chorus has not carried over to NTL. I phoned NTL on Thursday to pay our bill using Laser card. The girl tried to put the transaction through twice but said it didn't work. So I gave her my credit card details and she put it through on that. I checked my bank accounts on Friday and the two laser card and the credit card transactions all went through. I phoned NTL today and was told that they would have to issue me a cheque to refund the money which would take 5 weeks.

If I pay using a credit card or laser card, am I not entitled to get the money refunded in the same way I paid it?

Thanks, Triona

Hi,

Sorry if I'm hijacking a thread here but I'm having a problem with NTL.
We have recently been changed from Chorus to NTL and our direct debit with Chorus has not carried over to NTL. I phoned NTL on Thursday to pay our bill using Laser card. The girl tried to put the transaction through twice but said it didn't work. So I gave her my credit card details and she put it through on that. I checked my bank accounts on Friday and the two laser card and the credit card transactions all went through. I phoned NTL today and was told that they would have to issue me a cheque to refund the money which would take 5 weeks.

If I pay using a credit card or laser card, am I not entitled to get the money refunded in the same way I paid it?

Thanks, Triona
I had a similar problem where they double charged my credit card on 2nd April (over 2 months ago) and I'm still fighting for a refund. They also told me that they can not refund me to my credit card and it must be by cheque. They tell me it'll take another 3 weeks for them to issue the cheque.
They've the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Two separate members of their staff promised me today that they'd call me before 5pm to sort out my problem but of course I heard from neither of them.

I'll dump NTL as soon as they refund me...

I've been with NTL for over 4 months now after moving into a new house and haven't recieved a bill yet! Is this normal? We had numerous problems with them but whenever we rang their customer service they could never find our details in the system. I'm just worried I'm going to get one huge bill in a couple of months.

Has anyone else experianced this?

I took 2 half days off work, once with a no show, then next time wth an appointment mix up.
The only thing to do is write in to the complaints dept, I got 2 months free viewing from that. Still not enough to stop the blood boiling.
I cannot wait to move somewhere i can put up a sky dish and use my freeview card from the uk!

I took 2 half days off work, once with a no show, then next time wth an appointment mix up.
The only thing to do is write in to the complaints dept, I got 2 months free viewing from that. Still not enough to stop the blood boiling.
I cannot wait to move somewhere i can put up a sky dish and use my freeview card from the uk!

hi, how can i contact their complaint compartment? I still haven't been refunded from when i was overcharged 10 weeks ago...

I requested to terminate my NTL contract as of 27th of June as I had paid my bill up to this amount.

Last week 2 weeks early they cut me off. I then spent 45 mins on Friday trying to get them to reconnect they said it would be done within the hour. On saturday it was not done. I rang again and was switced to a department and put on hold for 20 mins. They then left the office so I hung up.

Finally on Monday afternoon they reconnected everything but then 4 hours later we were disconnected again.

I'm about to ring up again but I'm not holding out much hope of getting it done anytime soon and I don't think a refund will be possible given other stories.

I know I requested to leave but I still hadn't organised another provider and I might have been persuaded to stay but not know I have just ordered sky.

I had a similar problem where they double charged my credit card on 2nd April (over 2 months ago) and I'm still fighting for a refund. They also told me that they can not refund me to my credit card and it must be by cheque. They tell me it'll take another 3 weeks for them to issue the cheque.
They've the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Two separate members of their staff promised me today that they'd call me before 5pm to sort out my problem but of course I heard from neither of them.

I'll dump NTL as soon as they refund me...

Here's a scary one... NTL and Chorus are now one company!

I did a terribly stupid thing at the end of April. I was rushing out to work and getting kids ready for breakfast and school when I made an EFT payment via BOI 365 on line to Chorus instead of Mastercard... men just cannot multi-task! it was a substantial amount of dosh! After my screams had shattered every piece of glass and my hair turned white... I rang BOI. They said that Chorus could revert the EFT within a day or too. Pigs might fly! It took 5 weeks for me to get a cheque... and only then after I said I was going to do a Bruce Willis Die Hard attack on NTL's office at East Point! I admit that I was the original plonker, but, the apathetic service was incredible. There is no way I am converting to payment by direct debit as they are begging me to do. It is a disgrace that NTL/Chorus nearly have a monoploy on cable. I don't like the thought of an ugly sat dish either.

Back