Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > Overseas Travel,Holidays,Hotels & Airlines

Old 15-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default apartment in portugal

hi there

im going to portugal in august - i would like to stay in albefeira or somewhere near here. (id like the option of goign out at nite). does anyone have a contact or a site where i could get well priced self catering apartment for here??
Old 15-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Frequent Poster

Default Re: apartment in portugal

Try Alpha Rooms or Booking. Both have very extensice list of Hotels and Apartments in the Algarve and prices are excellent. We use them all the time and do a lot of travelling. Saved over 800euro last year when we used Alpha rooms to the Algarve.
Old 16-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

i have just gotten a price from alpha rooms for about 1000 euro. the price direct from the resorts own website is almost double that. is this usual? can alpharooms deliver such huge savings or will i land at the resort and have no bed if i book with them??
Old 16-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Frequent Poster

My advice would be to have a look at www.holiday-rentals.co.uk or www.ownersdirect.co.uk or www.holidaylettings.co.uk You can pick up an apartment from €200 per week, maybe not for August but in these recessionary times you can negotiate. I have negotiated a one bedroomed apartment in Majorca from €250 to €200 just by asking. Forget these €1000 holidays. Purchase your flights to Faro direct then search for the best deal out there on the above sites. No reason why you cannot have a break for two people for less than €500 flights included.
Old 16-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned

yeah the flite is 164 and the room through alpha rooms is 420 each so not bad.
Old 16-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Frequent Poster

€420 each seems expensive. Would you not consider going self catering in a private rental? What part of the Algarve are you going to? There is a good train service along the coast from the Faro train station.
Old 16-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

thats what im looking at. self catering in a private at last two weeks in august is expensive. the 420 each is for two weeks. some guy emailed me back there saying 740 GBP for the two weeks so im going to haggle with him and offer him 600. we are going to albufeira